The custom page feature can be used to add customized pages to the sidebar for your users to access. A custom page can either be built directly in the LMS by an administrator, or a link can be provided to an external website.
1. Under the Settings menu on the sidebar, click Custom Pages.
2. Click Create Custom Page.
3. Enter the name of your custom page in the field and click Confirm.
4. You are now editing your custom page.
5. You can change the name of the custom page under the name field. This is the name on the sidebar that will be visible to users.
6. Using the Sidebar icon field, you can define the sidebar icon that is displayed with your custom page. Clicking in the field allows you to select from a set of preloaded icons. You can filter different icons by typing in the box that appears. Clicking on an icon will select it.
7. Under the External Link field, you can enter the URL for an external website. When an external link is provided, your custom page will act as a direct link to this external page. When a user clicks the custom page button on their sidebar, they will be automatically redirected to the external site.
8. You also have the option of creating your own custom page from scratch within the LMS. The editing toolbar gives the option to add and format text, images, videos, interactivities, and more. The editor is built similarly to the znanja course editor.
9. When the Enable Page? checkbox is marked, the custom page will be visible to users on their sidebars. Unchecking this box will hide it from users.
10. At the top of the page are a series of important commands. The Save button will save any work done on the custom page. Be sure to click this when you are finished making changes.
11. Clicking Preview will open a preview window displaying your custom page as another user would see it from their account.
12. The View button will take you directly to your custom page. You will be viewing the page in exactly the same way as your users will be.
13. The Delete button will delete the custom page.