A workflow allows you to set up a process of actions and triggers that users can work through in sequence. Workflows allow you to create a specific path of automatic actions for users to follow.
To access this tool, click on Workflows under the Settings menu.
How to Create a Workflow
1. To create a new workflow, click Create new workflow. (To edit an existing workflow, click on the dropdown beside the workflow name and choose edit.)
2. Type in the name of your new workflow and then choose Create a new workflow.
3. When you create the new workflow, the system will direct you into it immediately. (If you are editing an existing workflow, you will need to choose to edit the workflow from the dropdown beside the workflow name on the main workflow page.)
4. Workflows have a series of actions and triggers that can respond to certain parameters in the LMS. These include sending a message, enrolling in a course, setting a user expiry, and deleting a user.
From the list on the right, drag an item into the space in the middle of the page.
5. You can add students to this workflow by clicking the Members tab, clicking Add user, then clicking Add beside each student’s name.
6. When you are finished adding triggers and actions, make sure to move the toggle at the top of the page to ON to activate the workflow.