Instructor-led training can be facilitated by the znanja LMS. Instructors can create classrooms or working groups with a list of enrolled students. The instructor can use this platform to monitor student attendance, keep marks, and save notes.
Note that the instructor-led feature must be activated by Velsoft.
Creating a Classroom
1. On the sidebar menu, click Instructor Led. Then click Reporting.
2. At the top of the screen, click Create.
3. Begin by entering the name of your classroom or working group in the top field.
4. Then select the instructor of the course by typing their name in the second field, and selecting the user from the list that appears.
5. Next, set the start and end date and time for the classroom by clicking in the appropriate fields. To select dates, use the calendar that appears.
6. To set the location for your training session, enter the address in the Location field. When the address is entered, a map application will appear showing the location. Be sure to enter a full address for best results in the map (street, city, province/state, country).
7. The final step is to add students to the classroom. To do this, click Add Students.
8. A list of possible students will appear. Clicking Add next to any student will add them to the classroom.
9. You have now created your classroom. Navigating back to the Instructor Led page will show your list of classrooms.
Working with Classrooms
1. On the Instructor Led page, there is a list of all your classrooms, showing their important information.
2. Clicking View next to any course will bring up its information, and allow you to edit it.
3. On this screen, modifications can be made to the title, instructor, start and end dates, location, and enrolled students.
4. Back on the Instructor Led page, clicking the down arrow next to View will open a menu with additional options.
5. Clicking Export in this menu will export a report in a table containing all students, their scores, whether they attended or not, and any notes. The report is exported as a CSV file.
6. Clicking Delete in that menu will delete the classroom.
Managing Student Data
1. While accessing a classroom’s information (by clicking View on the Instructor Led page), student information can be viewed and modified. To add new students, click Add user.
2. Then select students by clicking Add.
3. Then click Remove users to return to the list of enrolled students.
4. On the list of enrolled users, you can remove a user by clicking Remove next to their name.
5. To change a student’s score, click in the dialogue box under the heading Score and enter in a new value. Scores automatically save once you click outside the box.
6. To indicate whether a student has attended the session, click the toggle under Attended.
7. To add notes for a student, click Notes.
8. Then type in your note. Notes also save automatically once you click outside the box.