Global discussion boards are created by an administrator who determines the discussion topic and are accessible to all the users in the organization.
How to Enable and Disable Global Discussion Boards
1. First, navigate to the Features page under the Settings tab on the sidebar.
2. On the Features page, find the toggle titled Enabling Global Discussion Boards.
3. Clicking the toggle so it turns gray and displays Off disables global discussion boards. Clicking the toggle so it turns green and displays On enables global discussion boards.
4. Changes on this page are automatically saved.
How to Create a New Global Discussion Board
1. Navigate to the global discussion board by clicking Discussions from the sidebar.
2. Click New Discussion Board.
3. Give your new board a title and provide a short description in the given fields. Click Create Board when you are ready. Then click Close to exit the window.
4. The board will appear on the page. Click View Discussion to open the new board.
How to Create a Discussion in a Global Discussion Board
1. To create a discussion in this board, click New Discussion at the top of the page.
2. Now enter the title of your new discussion and type a body message. Notice the text editing tools that can help format your message.
3. When you are ready, click Post Discussion. This discussion will now be posted to the board.
4. Once posted, you will return to the discussion page. Students can now view and reply to this discussion from their accounts.
How to Manage Global Discussion Boards
1. From the dashboard, navigate to the discussion board by clicking Discussions from the sidebar.
2. Click on View Discussion for the board you want to edit.
3. To edit information about the discussion board itself, click Edit at the top of the page.
4. On the page that opens, you can change the name and description of the board.
5. You can also make the board active or inactive using the checkmark box. Making a discussion board inactive will remove it from any student’s list. Administrators will still be able to view and edit the board.
6. Click Save Discussion Board when you are finished making changes.
7. Then navigate back to the discussion by clicking its name in the directory at the top of the page.
8. To edit a discussion post that has already been created, first click on the post.
9. Then, click edit.
10. Now you can change the original post’s title and body message.
11. You can make this discussion inactive by clicking on the first checkmark box.
12. You can pin this post by clicking on the second checkmark box. Pinning a discussion will place it at the top of the discussions list on the board’s main page.
13. Click Save when you are finished making changes.
14. Then navigate back to either the post you just came from or the discussion page by clicking on a name in the directory at the top of the page.